Through the user interactive labs the student will learn:
- Understand the key European protection laws and regulatory concerns.
- Understand how to build and implement practices that are compliant with privacy regulations
- Understand how to achieve compliance as a US company, concerning EU regulations.
Date & Time
All class times are from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM CST
(Round Rock) Dec 12-13
(Boston, MA) Jan 22-23
(Round Rock) Apr 9-10
1205 Sam Bass Road, Suite 300
Round Rock, TX 78681
- US Based IT and InfoSec leaders and practitioners charged with managing the privacy of personal information that is, or could be, owned by an individual located in the European Union.
- Laptop required
- Requires basic knowledge of computers, technology and command line interface (CLI)
- Assume students can open and operate browsers, find and use the command line, execute scripts and open programs
- Prior experience not required
- Understanding of virtual machines (VM) and how to use one
- Assume students understand how to import and power on a VM
Bob Siegel, President and Founder of Privacy Ref
President and founder of Privacy Ref, Inc., Bob Siegel, started the company in 2012. After his time as Senior Manager of Worldwide Privacy and Compliance at Staples, Inc., Bob applied his experience and expertise to assisting companies implement and maintain strong privacy programs. Bob has worked with many different organizations, dealing with programs of all sizes and regulatory needs.
Always seeking to improve his own understanding of all things privacy, Bob has earned certifications from the International Association of Privacy Professionals. These include certifications in US private and public sector, European, and Canadian privacy laws. Bob has also earned certifications in Information Technology Privacy and Privacy Program Management. Bob Siegel has also been recognized as a Fellow of Information Privacy by the IAPP for his outstanding dedication to the privacy community. He has also served on the IAPP’s Certification Advisory Board for the CIPM program and the IAPP’s Publication Advisory Board. Bob also serves on the IAPP’s teaching faculty leading classes in the areas in which he is certified.
Certification of Completion