SEPTEMBER 30, 2020, Austin, Texas – MSSP Alert, published by After Nines Inc., has named CyberDefenses, a leading managed security services provider, to the Top 250 MSSPs list for 2020 (http://www.msspalert.com/top250).
The list and research identify and honor the top MSSPs, managed detection and response (MDR) and Security Operations Center as a Service (SOCaaS) providers worldwide.
The rankings are based on MSSP Alert’s 2020 readership survey combined with the digital media site’s global editorial coverage of managed security services providers. The fourth-annual list has expanded from 2019 (200 honorees) and 2018-2017 (100 honorees) amid MSSP Alert’s continued, organic readership growth.
“CyberDefenses is pleased to repeatedly make this prestigious list for consecutive years,” Armando Ordonez, CEO, CyberDefenses said. “Our team puts an extraordinary amount of dedication into bringing military-grade security to enterprise and state and local government in ways that are specifically customized to our customers. It means a great deal to us to have this hard work recognized by MSSP Alert’s readership and editorial team.”
“After Nines Inc. and MSSP Alert congratulate CyberDefenses on this year’s honor,” said Amy Katz, CEO of After Nines Inc. “Despite the coronavirus pandemic, this year’s honorees continue to accelerate their businesses, mitigate customer risk and safeguard digital assets worldwide.”
Highlights from the associated MSSP Alert research include:
- MSSP Revenue Growth: MSSP honorees, on average, expect to generate $19.15 million in revenue for 2020, up 16% from $16.47 million in 2019.
- Geography: Honorees are headquartered in 25 different countries — up from 19 countries in the 2019 report.
- Profits: 84% of MSSPs surveyed expect to be profitable for fiscal year 2020.
- Security Operations Centers: 67% have in-house SOCs, 24% are hybrid, 6% completely outsource their SOCs, and 3% are reevaluating their SOC strategies.
- Cyberattack Trends: The most frequent attacks targeting MSSP customers in 2020 include phishing (95%), vulnerability (76%) and ransomware (69%) attacks.
- Cybersecurity Solutions: In a continued sign of market fragmentation, MSSP survey participants mentioned 129 different hardware, software, cloud, and services vendors that assist their cybersecurity efforts — up from 95 in 2019.
- M&A: Mergers, acquisitions and private equity investments continue to accelerate across the MSSP landscape. Twenty high-profile deals involving MSSP 250 honorees have surfaced since last year’s report.
The Top 250 MSSPs list and research were overseen by Content Czar Joe Panettieri (@JoePanettieri). Find the online list and associated report here: http://www.msspalert.com/top250.
CyberDefenses remains focused on growth by continuing to deliver advisory services, threat monitoring and cyber intelligence based on top industry expertise and experience. The company is committed to providing organizations with accessible cybersecurity through industry-specific security combined with business-focused communication and reporting.
As part of this commitment, the CyberDefenses state-of-the-art Security Operations Center offers 24X7 security monitoring, threat detection, security analysis and security engineering. Additionally, the SOC provides rapid, thorough and effective incident response and digital forensics services to help companies and government entities recover from cyberattack.