What To Do When You’ve Been Attacked
Moving from Chaos to Control
CyberDefenses’ team of cybersecurity, threat intelligence and digital forensics experts will respond immediately to an incident. We have deep knowledge and extensive experience helping organizations recover from cyber attacks. We also help you put a plan in place so you’re prepared to detect future threats and act quickly after an incident occurs.
Our Incident Response Process
CyberDefenses’ Incident Response process and technologies help organizations immediately take control of a security compromise situation, mitigate the damage, and protect data, systems and operations.
Depending on the urgency and severity of the situation, we are capable of handling incidents remotely or “on the ground.” Our process methodically gains control of the incident and ultimately restores order and normal business operations.
- Identification: Full review of log files, error messages, alerts, trouble tickets to determine incident scope and damage
- Containment: Invoke isolations, takedowns, failovers and backups to prevent further spread of the attack
- Eradication: Removals, restorations, scans and patches required to eliminate the presence of attacker malware and control
- Recover: Test, monitor and validate the restoration of clean operating systems, applications, access controls, etc. are functioning properly
- Harden: Development and implementation of new policies, procedures, training and monitoring required to prevent a repeat attack
Incident Response Retainer and Planning
Don’t wait for an incident to focus on protecting your organization against an attack. CyberDefenses offers pre-paid retainers to ensure we're ready to jump in quickly without waiting on procurement or approvals.
We can also help your organization with Incident Response planning, including training and developing policies and procedures and training. We can help you put together a thorough plan tailored to your organization’s structure, operational model and risk tolerance. Based on best practices that have been proven in some of the most critical scenarios, our Incident Response plan will help your team respond swiftly and definitively to a cybersecurity incident in the earliest phases to reduce the damage, protect data and systems, and keep operations running.