This course covers CompTIA Powered by LPI exams LX0-103 and LX0-104, builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with the Linux operating system to present fundamental skills and concepts that you will use on the job in any type of Linux career.
This course can benefit you in two ways. If your job duties include Linux troubleshooting, installation, or maintenance, or if you are preparing for any type of Linux-related career, it provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be successful. In addition, it assists you if you are preparing to take the CompTIA® Linux+™ Powered by LPI exams (Exam Codes: LX0-103 and LX0-104), in order to become a CompTIA® Linux+™ Certified Professional.
In this course, you will administer Linux. You will:
- Identify basic Linux concepts and perform basic Linux tasks
- Manage user and group account
- Manage partitions and the Linux filesystem
- Manage various files in Linux
- Work with Linux permissions and ownership
- Print files
- Manage packages
- Manage kernel services
- Work with the Bash shell and shell scripts
- Manage jobs and processes
- Manage system services
- Configure network services
- Configure basic Internet services
- Implement measures to secure a Linux system
- Manage hardware associated with Linux systems
- Troubleshoot Linux system issues
- Install the Linux operating system
- Configure the GUI
This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems, who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of Linux concepts and skills to prepare for a career in Linux support or administration or to prepare for CompTIA® Linux+™ Powered by LPI exams (Exam Codes: LX0-103 and LX0-104). A typical student in this course should have at least 6 to 12 months of Linux experience.
Dr. Warren Mack, CISSP
Dr. Mack has been a computer security instructor for over 15 years. He teaches classes in Cyber Security, Computer Forensics, Linux/Unix, Ethical Hacking, CISSP, and CompTIA certification classes.
Contact CyberDefenses today to learn how we can help your company’s cybersecurity needs.