This course offers the practitioner’s perspective on implementing the privacy protection that is compliant with European and GDPR regulations. This class is targeted specifically for US based organizations that process protected personal information for individuals that happen to reside in the EU, therefore falling under the new GDPR regulations.
This course includes 2 IAPP Textbooks and an exam voucher for the IAPP Certified Information Privacy Practitioner/ Europe (CIPP/E) certification.
Through the user interactive labs the student will learn:
- Understand the key European protection laws and regulatory concerns.
- Understand how to build and implement practices that are compliant with privacy regulations
- Understand how to achieve compliance as a US company, concerning EU regulations.
- US Based IT and InfoSec leaders and practitioners charged with managing the privacy of personal information that is, or could be, owned by an individual located in the European Union.
Bob Siegel, President and Founder of Privacy Ref
President and founder of Privacy Ref, Inc., Bob Siegel, started the company in 2012. After his time as Senior Manager of Worldwide Privacy and Compliance at Staples, Inc., Bob applied his experience and expertise to assisting companies implement and maintain strong privacy programs. Bob has worked with many different organizations, dealing with programs of all sizes and regulatory needs.
Christopher L. Stevens is a retired US Army strategic intelligence professional that served in the United States Army for over 20 years.
- Requires basic knowledge of computers, technology and command line interface (CLI)
- Assume students can open and operate browsers, find and use the command line, execute scripts and open programs
- Prior experience not required
- Understanding of virtual machines (VM) and how to use one
- Assume students understand how to import and power on a VM
Contact CyberDefenses today to learn how we can help your company’s cybersecurity needs.