The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner certification is an international, vendor-neutral exam that proves competency in enterprise security; risk management; research and analysis; and integration of computing, communications, and business disciplines.
You have experience in the increasingly crucial field of information security, and now you’re ready to take that experience to the next level. CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) (Exam CAS-002) is the course you will need to take if your job responsibilities include securing complex enterprise environments.
In this course, you will expand on your knowledge of information security to apply more advanced principles that will keep your organization safe from the many ways it can be threatened. Today’s IT climate demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you develop the skill set you need to confidently perform your duties as an advanced security professional.
This course can also benefit you if you intend to pass the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CAS-002) certification examination. What you learn and practice in this course can be a significant part of your preparation.
The exam covers the technical knowledge and skills required to conceptualize, design, and engineer secure solutions across complex enterprise environments. It involves applying critical thinking and judgment across a broad spectrum of security disciplines to propose and implement solutions that map to enterprise drivers.
In this course, you will learn:
- Manage risk in the enterprise.
- Integrate computing, communications, and business disciplines in the enterprise.
- Use research and analysis to secure the enterprise.
- Integrate advanced authentication and authorization techniques.
- Implement cryptographic techniques.
- Implement security controls for hosts.
- Implement security controls for storage.
- Analyze network security concepts, components, and architectures, and implement controls.
- Implement security controls for applications.
- Integrate hosts, storage, networks, and applications in a secure enterprise architecture.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments.
- Conduct incident and emergency responses.
The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) Certification is a vendor-neutral credential. The CASP exam is an internationally targeted validation of advanced-level security skills and knowledge.
While there is no required prerequisite, the CASP certification is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and has a technical, “hands-on” focus at the enterprise level.
These skills are highly desired by IT departments looking for advanced security personnel, recognized by U.S. Dept. of Defense 8570.1, and by Dell and HP advanced security personnel, just to name a few.
Dr. Warren Mack, CISSP
Dr. Mack has been a computer security instructor for over 15 years. He teaches classes in Cyber Security, Computer Forensics, Linux/Unix, Ethical Hacking, CISSP, and CompTIA certification classes.
Contact CyberDefenses today to learn how we can help your company’s cybersecurity needs.